Is It Possible To Find Freelance Writing Jobs With No Experience?
You find it hard to get a job without experience, but then, if you don’t get a job; how can you get experience. It is a quandary which matches the ‘chicken and egg’ riddle. The same holds true for work-from-home antics as well, such as freelance writing.
Learn to accept
If you are an absolute greenhorn, you have to take things in your stride and learn to accept refusals. Only a courage display of vitality and hard work can see you through. So, get on the line to rise and shine.
- Firstly, you have to specialize in the area you will write on and gain as much knowledge as you can on the subjective theme. You should find out latest innovations and additions to the theme and read a number of credible articles to understand the quotient. This lends your writing a veritable edge.
- Secondly, you should invest labor in carving precious cover letters, which you will post to the prospective employers. You should begin by suggesting that you are a starter and you are ready to take on any writing test they deem fit.
- Thirdly, prepare some samples related to the theme and attach them for the perusal of the employer. Now, while there are employers who don’t give newcomers a second look; there are quite a few who check out whether there is prowess in a starter. Your aim is to acquire the latter fellows.
- Fourthly, learn to treat failures and refusals as a stepping stone to success. You shall not lose heart and keep on applying diligently. It is after all a question of one or two good assignments. You can showcase your talent from thereon and also settle to gain experience through references.
- Fifthly, you may even give the employer a lure of hiring you for a vastly rebated rate for, say, the first fortnight. If he takes the lure, do your best to impress upon him that you are a writer of a different mettle and they cannot afford to lose you.
- All the while, keep reading delectable articles on the theme and save points that you may utilize in your future articles by tweaking. You should prepare a working schedule that suits you and stick to it barring exceptions.
Discipline is the key
Freelance writing is all about discipline. Even when you gain suggestive experience in the theme; you cannot afford to be lackadaisical. The downward slope is quite steep and it would be hard to return to prominence. Maintain!