In Search of Home Based Online Freelance Writing Jobs: Tips for Beginners
Freelance writing as a career has many wonderful perks. You can work from home, you can work from the coffee shop, you can take as many jobs as you wish, and you can work any time of day that you want to work. The field has plenty of opportunity for a beginner if you can remember just a few tips. Consider the following suggestions as you begin this great job!
Tips for Beginners
- - Make a web page-start you career by building a web page that has the right SEO content. You want to get maximum traffic at your website. Include your samples, reviews, references, contact information, and pricing on the page. People can come to you with offers of work.
- - Have a portfolio of samples-have a desktop portfolio of your work for the client who wishes to see samples. The more variety of work that you have, then the better off that you will be.
- - Know your limitations-know what you are qualified to write and what you do not know how to do. If you want to learn how to do other things, then educate and practice on your own time. Do not experiment on your clients.
- - Always read the fine print-always read the fine print of your contracts you’re your clients. You do not want surprises when it comes to your money, deadline, or client expectations.
- - Do not charge too much or too little- you should look around and see what other people in the business charge. You want your prices to be fair. Do not under value your work, or price yourself out of jobs. Be smart when you price your jobs.
- - Repeat customers are your friends-if your customers have a lot of business and they are happy with your jobs, they will come back to offer you more work. Repeat customers mean that you spend more time writing and less time looking for writing jobs.
- - Do not miss deadlines-do not miss deadlines ever. Your customers have businesses to run and they expect for you to be professional. If some unforeseen incident prevents you from making the agreed date, contact the customer immediately. The two of you can then come up with a solution.
- - Join a third party company-if you join a company will be able to find clients in one step. You also will not have to worry about getting your payment. The monthly fee with not be large.